1.22.2009

All that talk about breakfast...


...made me want to have breakfast for lunch! I'm hoping to work up the nerve to take an Urban Rebounding class tonight at the gym. It's only a 30 minute class but seeing as how I've never done Urban Rebounding before and I'm still grossly out of shape the 30 minute express class seems up my alley. I also plan on doing some upper body lifting tonight so I figured now is a good time to start fueling my body for tonight. 

Lately this combo has become one of my favorite lunch meals - mostly because it contains a little protein, some whole grains, some fruit and dairy. It's probably not the "ultimate" meal (I mean hey, where are the veggies? You'll find that they go missing quite often in my diet, something I need to work on) but it's very filling and satisfying. Pictured on the plate is some lean turkey bacon (nuked the hell out of it so it's extra crispy), a slice of 100% stone ground toast with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, some egg whites (and LOTS of pepper) and some cantaloupe. What you don't see pictured here is a bottle of water - a staple these days. Need to stay hydrated right?

Summary:

1/2 cup egg whites seasoned with pepper
1 slice 100% whole wheat toast
1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Cheese in Garlic and Herb
2 slices lean turkey bacon
1 cup cubed cantaloupe

No comments:

Post a Comment