1.22.2009

A Simply Satisfying Meal

Now I know what you're thinking - that's not dinner. Shouldn't dinner be a giant bowl of pasta with bread and meatballs and a salad and then some pie for dessert? Mmm, maybe on a different day, but post gym workouts I go home, take a shower and find myself unable to stomach a heavy meal. A sliced up apple is pretty satisfying in itself, but the Chocolate Protein drink from Odwalla is super tasty and relatively nutritious. Since I'm trying to lose weight and I only had to worry about feeding myself. I got in a good 300 or so calories without overfeeding myself. Is it the best strategy? I doubt it - a real nutritionist would a) ask where my food groups are in this meal and b) chastise me for drinking my meal. Whatever though, it works for me yanno? I felt as if I ate pretty well yesterday, save for the not having any veggies thing but really - that's just something we're all going to have to get over because in all honesty I can't see myself turning vegetarian overnight. I like the idea behind it and I'm working on it - believe me I am. 



I never made it to Urban Rebounding - the subway here was delayed a good 10-15 minutes and when I got to the gym they were having their "member appreciation" day which resulted in them setting up booths with some healthy snacks (cheese, crackers, veggies, fruit) and then some wine tasting (wine tasting...at a gym? I couldn't figure it out either) and a hair/makeup consultation area. Needless to say it was a bit crowded. I hopped on the crosstrainer and did a "performance" workout and followed up with an upper body workout. I felt pretty good, although I was a bit sad I didn't get to bounce on a trampoline. Next week I suppose. I was quite happy I had that yogurt and other half of a banana before I left though. That workout killed and it took every ounce of energy I had to keep a good pace. 

Summary:

Snack pre-workout
1/2 Banana
1 container Yoplait fat free very vanilla

Dinner post-workout
15.2 oz Odwalla Chocolate Protein 
1 Pink Lady apple, cored and sliced

No comments:

Post a Comment