2.03.2009

Sometimes You Just Have A Craving

So I resigned myself to being Sicky McSickerton (sort of) but I went to the gym for a light workout anyway. Before I even left for the gym I had a strong craving for tuna on an everything bagel with plantain chips - a nod to the days of Whole Foods eating with Stacy. So I went to the market after the gym (not Whole Foods sadly) and grabbed some tuna and mayo. Unfortunately the only everything bagels I could find were either 300 calories a piece and/or contained high fructose corn syrup. I would have settled for a frozen Lenders bagel but they didn't seem to carry those either. I was about to purchase generic Thomas' 100 calorie mini bagels when I remembered that I had some whole grain English muffins at home. Meh, that'll do. I also couldn't find any plantain chips - which to be honest is probably a good thing because I could have eaten a whole bag right then and there. I settled for a box of the 100 calorie pack veggie crisps and made my way home. 

After being Little Miss Accident and almost slicing off my finger while chopping onion and then dropping the bowl the tuna was made in on the way to the sink I figured it was best to sit down, watch some teevee and enjoy my dish. I also figured since I hadn't had much earlier in the day that tossing in a few blueberries for antioxidants couldn't hurt. 

Summary:

1 bag Veggie Chips (100 calorie pack)
1/4 cup blueberries
1 small can tuna in water, drained
1 tbsp safflower oil mayonnaise 
smattering of diced onion
1 english muffin sliced open, toasted - 100% whole wheat

No comments:

Post a Comment